Immrama

Voyages from I to Thou.

Name:
Location: Skellig Michel, Ireland

Friday, November 05, 2004

river (1979)

down to river full full river
strong river light-laughing river
pounding home home home and
through to other side o river
river we make we make we make
we wake and still wash on through
to other side where she left
o river river first birthday
and standing close only to you
wondering why why why she left
but you just keep on roaring
pounding gushing each moment
ever on and on and on
and the ocean still hides
it hides it hides and yet
I hear its music whispering
winter into roaring spring
o spring o spring o spring
buds burst into song
here today on water's wombday
I'm here in mist and foam
pounding me home o God
I'm breaking loose filling up
spilling over draining out
and lonely lonely so lonely
mad yet full of birdsong
kid cries sun burst
o God I'm coming coming
come to light
and on
to ocean beach and a smile
get up get out know forget know
smile for the kingdom
love the queendom
in ravage of foam
and birth in mist
o lady lady lady lady
lady you are gone but I remain
to sing this river's song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Internet Service Provider