Immrama

Voyages from I to Thou.

Name:
Location: Skellig Michel, Ireland

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Glub glub

Lord, lord! methought what pain it was to drown!
What dreadful noise of water in mine ears!
What sights of ugly death within mine eyes!
Methought I saw a thousand fearful wracks;
A thousand men that fishes gnawed upon;
Inestimable stores, unvalu'd jewels,
All scatter'd on the bottom of the sea.
Some lay in dead men's skulls; and in those holes
Where eyes did once inhabit, there were crepts,
As 'twere in scorn of eyes, reflecting gems,
That woo'd the slimy bottom of the deep ...
... Often I did strive
To yeild the ghost; but still the envious flood
Stept in my soul, and would not let it forth
To find the empty, vast, and wandering air;
But smother'd it within my panting bulk,
Which almost burst to belch it in the sea.

Shakespeare, Richard III I.iv, Clarence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Internet Service Provider