Immrama

Voyages from I to Thou.

Name:
Location: Skellig Michel, Ireland

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Melusine (1995)

She is the dark startle
of a dream staining
my first thoughts today—
the one with short black hair
and wild curves of milk
swelling black velvet underwear.
A melusine dripping on
the shores of a wilder world,
she called my name in a kiss.
How could I resist the winds
keening round her or
the surf crashing on
boulders older than time?
She slid her sleek body
all night long over the aching acres
of my flesh. I woke this morning
bleeding honey from every pore
she nippled. All that remains
of her is this long longing shadow
and these lines dripping seaweed
on the page.
Some spillage of that swoon
has me thinking of you
so like and unlike her,
now far too many miles away.
today my heart's bed
refuses to warm me
from the sweet smash
of that bitterly fading surf
in which the two of you
wrapped your arms
around me in a wave
and then sent me away
as wild as wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Internet Service Provider