Immrama

Voyages from I to Thou.

Name:
Location: Skellig Michel, Ireland

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Mermaid (Traditional Ballad)

Twas Friday morn when we set sail
And we were not far from the land
When the captain, he spied a lovely mermaid
With a comb and a glass in her hand
O the ocean's waves may roll (let em roll)

And the stormy winds may blow (let em blow)
While we poor sailors go skipping to the top
And the landlubbers lie down below (below, below)
And the landlubbers lie down below
And up spoke the captain of our gallant ship

And a well-spoken man was he
I have me a wife in Salem by the sea
And tonight she a widow will be
And up spoke the cookie of our gallant ship
And a red hot cookie was he

Saying I care much more for my pots and my pans
Than I do for the bottom of the sea
Then three times around went our gallant ship
And three times around went she
Three times around went our gallant ship

And she sank to the bottom of the sea
Then up spoke the cabinboy, of our gallant ship
And a nasty little lad was he.
I'm not quite sure I can spell "mermaid"
But I'm going to the bottom of the sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Internet Service Provider